Excerpts from today’s Srimad Bhagavatam 7.7.39 class given by H G Jai Chaitanya Prabhu.
Translation : “One’s riches, beautiful wife and female friends, one’s sons and daughters, one’s residence, one’s domestic animals like cows, elephants and horses, one’s treasury, economic development and sense gratification indeed, even the lifetime in which one can enjoy all these material opulences—are certainly temporary and flickering. Since the opportunity of human life is temporary, what benefit can these material opulences give to a sensible man who has understood himself to be eternal? “
- Conclusions repeatedly said in all the Shastras – “Material life is unnecessary, useless”. But the irony is , everybody considers material life to be all in all.
- Situation in material world is funny. Even though body is useless and life is useless, still it has to be made useful for spiritual life.
- After seeing the spiritual highway and material drain, it is up to us to choose which path to choose. Having known the unnecessary path, one should choose the necessary path. Having seen the sufferings in material life, one should choose the spiritual path. Why walk in the material drain and become dirty and then complain.
- This choice to choose the right path is always given to the living entities, as a mercy of the Lord. Whenever there is problem in material world, people approach Lord for help. Lord has always been kind enough and acted as the order supplier.
- Srimad Bhagavatam explains again and again that this material world is like chewing the chewed. This has to be reminded again and again to the living entities, so that this fact becomes deeply ingrained. For the purpose of existence of material world, material life is necessary so as to give a chance for liberation.
- How to convert material dirt into opportunity to advance in spiritual life? – Until one understands that we are eternal, we are a non-sense. World is a like a thorn, already a thorn has pricked us. Only way to remove the thorn is thru one more thorn. Similarly, material body is required to remove material body. This is the way to understand contradictions in the material world. Therefore, Chaitanya Mahaprabhu has given the philosophy of ” achintya bheda abheda” The principle of simultaneous one and difference.
- Stri means one who expands one’s attachment to material life. Therefore Shastras says that no one should become a guardian until he is in a position to deliver his dependents from the clutches of Birth & Death.
- One essential quality of a preacher is that, he should always secure himself first before preaching. People should feel that this devotee has got something which I don’t have.
- God is impartial order supplier. Just like those who pay tax for the government, enjoy the benefits. Those who don’t pay, are punished. Similarly it is the free will of living entities to decide, where he should go…
- If there is no spiritual satisfaction, it is very difficult to resist the temptation & influence of Maya.
- Spiritualist knows that one day ultimately he has to go towards KRISHNA, therefore he immediately starts making preparations towards reaching the ultimate goal.
- Secret to balance in the material world – Work for the essential requirements, and focus on actual Spiritual reality. Understanding soul and God is directly proportional to how much one has conquered Maya.
- Whole endeavour of humanity has been to find the known. Even physics also say that 85% of matter is dark. But, the truth is by knowing KRISHNA, everything is known.
- The tendency to know something beyond matter, can come only by Spiritual Tapasya. In proportion to which we know Krishna, we get detached from Maya. Then we can experience real spiritual happiness.
- One price we have to pay to reach the ultimate goal is to suffer for the reactions of past sinful Karmic actions. Only way to overcome this reactions is to strengthen the kavacha and continue spiritual practices with perseverance.
- Little bit motivation in form of a few spiritual glimpses either through realizations, hearing Bhagavatam, Chanting Hare Krishna or through Prasadam should help one continue the journey in spiritual life.
- Process to handle problems in material world, is not how to avoid the problems, but learn how to touch Krishna.
- Biggest Tapasya in Kali-yuga is to sacrifice the hearing and talking process to hear and talk about Krishna KATHA.